Are you looking for some mildly sweet and slightly salty cookies for Christmas? These peanut butter cookies are a sure pick!
These peanut butter cookies are crumbly, dense, not that sweet and have a slight crunch too from the crunchy peanut butter added to the recipe. However, you can always make these sweeter by substituting some of the sweetening agents.
I’d give these to my gran as she is diabetic and shouldn’t be eating anything too sweet. She’d love these for sure and being Christmas time I’d not want her to miss out on some nutty festive cookies. So that being said, these cookies are perfect for someone who doesn’t like too much sugar.
Also, most of the ingredients used are easily available. Making these cookies can be a great collective fun task to do with kids. You’ll find peanut butter in most pantries so why not make these today itself. They’re quick, easy and hassle free to make. Bake them in the oven for 12-15mins and enjoy them slightly warm or store them away and enjoy occasionally throughout this festive season.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 225 g Self-raising flour
- 75 g Baking Spread/Unsalted Butter cold
- 50 g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Soft dark brown cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Light & Mild Honey
- Heat the oven to 180°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Measure all your ingredients and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the flour. Next add the cold butter, crunchy peanut butter and rub the butters into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- In a small pan, mix together the honey and sugar. Melt these on a low flame until the sugar dissolves.
- Add this to the flour mixture and form a firm dough. Knead the dough lightly.
- Divide the mixture into 16-20 balls. Place them on the baking sheet and finally press them with a wet fork or spoon to flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 12-15 mins until they're slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack for a few mins. They will harden as they cool. Store them in an airtight container or eat warm.
- To make these cookies sweeter substitute the soft dark brown sugar with light brown sugar or even caster sugar. Also, substitute the mild & light honey with normal honey.
- While melting the sugar in the honey, make sure it is on a low flame to avoid burning.
- You can make 8-10 cookies by halving the ingredients mentioned above. Make sure to measure all the ingredients to achieve the right consistency.
- You can decorate the top of the cookies with some lightly roasted crushed peanuts.(optional)
- You can shape the cookies however you like, maybe slightly flatter.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container once cooled completely. These cookies have a great shelf life.
Some other cookie recipes on the blog:
Make sure to include these nutty peanut butter cookies in your festive holiday cookie platter and wow your family this Christmas.
If you try out this recipe then make sure to tag me in a post on Instagram using the hashtag #deliciouscravingsatvaniaskitchen. Also, make sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for more exciting Christmas recipes.
Feel free to subscribe to the blog to get more recipes directly to your inbox.
Happy Baking xx