Peanut Butter Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are crumbly, dense, not that sweet and have a slight crunch too from the crunchy peanut butter added to the recipe.
- 225 g Self-raising flour
- 75 g Baking Spread/Unsalted Butter cold
- 50 g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Soft dark brown cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Light & Mild Honey
Heat the oven to 180°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
Measure all your ingredients and set aside.
To a large bowl, add the flour. Next add the cold butter, crunchy peanut butter and rub the butters into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
In a small pan, mix together the honey and sugar. Melt these on a low flame until the sugar dissolves.
Add this to the flour mixture and form a firm dough. Knead the dough lightly.
Divide the mixture into 16-20 balls. Place them on the baking sheet and finally press them with a wet fork or spoon to flatten slightly.
Bake for about 12-15 mins until they're slightly brown.
Remove from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack for a few mins. They will harden as they cool. Store them in an airtight container or eat warm.
- To make these cookies sweeter substitute the soft dark brown sugar with light brown sugar or even caster sugar. Also, substitute the mild & light honey with normal honey.
- While melting the sugar in the honey, make sure it is on a low flame to avoid burning.
- You can make 8-10 cookies by halving the ingredients mentioned above. Make sure to measure all the ingredients to achieve the right consistency.
- You can decorate the top of the cookies with some lightly roasted crushed peanuts.(optional)
- You can shape the cookies however you like, maybe slightly flatter.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container once cooled completely. These cookies have a great shelf life.