The Ultimate Breakfast Egg Muffins
These breakfast egg muffins are fluffy and filled with the goodness of sautéed veggies, chorizo, cheese and some dried parsley.
- 4 nos Eggs Medium sized
- 2 inch Chorizo replace with any meat of choice or mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ nos Onion finely minced
- ½ nos Bell Pepper used an orange one, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Oil for frying
- Ground Black Pepper Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Dried Parsley for garnish, use fresh if possible
- Cheddar cheese grated, as topping
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a 6 mould muffin tray with some nonstick oil or brush on some melted butter. Set aside.
Heat a pan on a medium flame. Sauté some garlic in oil and add the chorizo. Once the chorizo is slightly fried add the veggies of your choice. I sautéed in some onion and bell pepper. Once done, set aside to cool slightly.
In a bowl, beat the eggs. Season with some salt and pepper.
Add the sautéed mixture in the eggs and mix well.
Pour the mixture about ⅔rd full in the muffin mould and top with some cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of dried or fresh parsley.
Bake for about 15-20mins until set.
Once slightly cooled remove them out gently by passing a knife or spatula to separate the edges from the tin.
Serve hot with a side of lightly butter toast or maybe even some fresh cherry tomatoes.
- You can add any veggies, meats, fruits, cheeses, herbs, etc of your choice while making these super fluffy muffins.
- Make these in advance and store them properly in an air-tight container or a zip-lock bag in the freezer for up to 2 months or maybe even 3, if they remain and aren't eaten.
- They can be reheated in the microwave by lightly brushing on some oil or butter.
- Either thawed or frozen, the muffins should be reheated at 20 sec intervals so that they are well heated and not too soggy and rubbery. Check as you go.
- I sautéed the vegetables and meat before adding it to the egg mixture but you can always use fresh produce.
- Various combinations to try in the breakfast egg muffins: grilled mushrooms and caramelised onions, ham and cheese, baby spinach and feta, scallions and pepperoni, etc.