Moira mama's Cuzumente
This concoction of herbs and spices are boiled together until reduced and served warm.
- 4 cups Water
- ½ inch Ginger root roughly crushed
- ½ tsp Dry Coriander Seeds
- 5-6 nos Black peppercorn slightly crushed
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 5-6 nos Cloves
- Sugar/Honey/crystalised sugar lumps to taste
- 1 nos White Onion small, roughly diced into large chunks
- 5-6 nos Fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 inch long Lemon Grass stalks
- 7-8 nos Holy Basil including the sprig
- Holy Basil is also commonly called Tulsi
- Crystalised Sugar lumps or candied sugar is commonly known as Kodi Sakor in Goa. The sweetness is generally added towards the end especially if it is had with honey instead of sugar. Do not boil honey with the concoction.